Private Projects on gitlab

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 12:48:20 UTC 2015

Hi Dave,

Since we didn't used to have private repositories on common-lisp.net and
GitLab was simply restructuring the status quo *and* I wanted to move
forward without having lengthy policy discussions first, I disabled the
option for users to create private repositories.

As a common-lisp.net admin, I'm not opposed to allowing private
repositories if that stimulates use of the site and thereby also stimulates
having public repositories.

As a common-lisp.net admin, I'd like the CLF to give their "Ok" too and as
a CLF board member, I think that if we can provide private repositories at
a rate, we could use that money to cover the CLF's and common-lisp.net's
operational expenses; in that sense, I'd like it not to be donations to
common-lisp.net, but to the CLF in the general sense. We'll need to talk to
Harm about this model though, because there could be tax implications.

I'm not sure if the above is the answer you were looking for? Should we
talk about it in one of our board meetings for CLF?

Regards,

Erik.

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 7:25 PM, Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do we have the ability to create Private Projects on common-lisp.net's
> gitlab?
>
> If not, is this planned? Maybe for a paid service?
>
> Regards,
>

> Dave

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.