[Clo-devel] IP4 address change

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:04:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Mark Evenson <evenson at panix.com> wrote:

> We’ve recently changed the IP4 address of common-lisp.net.  Is this
> change intended to be permanent?
>
> illin:~$ host lisp.not.org
> lisp.not.org has address 144.76.188.67
> lisp.not.org has IPv6 address 2a01:4f8:200:4310::30
> illin:~$ host common-lisp.net
> common-lisp.net has address 148.251.248.130
> common-lisp.net has IPv6 address 2a01:4f8:200:4310::30
> common-lisp.net mail is handled by 10 mail.common-lisp.net.

And I had hoped to do this quietly without interrupting any services or
anybody noticing by overlapping the IPs for several days! :-/

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: To be able to run a copy of the VM for testing purposes
(think: gitlab, mailing list policies, etc), I needed another public IP,
which my upstream provider could only provide by providing a subnet instead
of single addresses. So, now the testing VM and the production VM both sit
on the same subnet and I'm not expecting any IP changes anymore (at least
not in the forseeable future).

http://efficito.com -- Hosted accounting and ERP.
Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.