[Clo-devel] Unable to clone (permission denied)

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 13:44:42 UTC 2015

Hi,

This should be fixed now; there should be a symlink in place in the
/var/git/projects directory, named /var/git/projects/project, which links
back to its own directory. However, some tools may not be able to deal with
this circular relationship -- which may be why it was removed.

We'll be moving to GitLab soon (see
https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/clo-devel/2015-February/000161.html
and
https://mailman.common-lisp.net/pipermail/clo-devel/2015-February/000168.html);
when that's in place, we won't be having this issue anymore.

Regards,

Erik.

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu>
wrote:

> Other projects are affected.
>
> I believe a manual link must be made by an admin into /var/git (or
> somewhere in a admin maintained git location).
>
> The new CLAZY git repo started working when this link appeared there.
>
> Sorry but I am on the run now and cannot be more precise.
>
> MA
>

> > On Feb 24, 2015, at 07:28 , dalevi at Safe-mail.net wrote:
> >
> > I don't know if other projects are affected or if asdf somehow stands
> alone:
> >
> > $ git clone git://common-lisp.net/project/asdf/asdf.git
> > Cloning into 'asdf'...
> > fatal: remote error: access denied or repository not exported:
> /project/asdf/asdf.git
> >
> > Matthew

> --
> Marco Antoniotti