[Clo-devel] Follow up to "proposed direction for common-lisp.net in 2015" -- the steps

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 22:08:44 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the pointer!

I've taken a bit of a different approach, I think, by enumerating
explicitly which elements exist in every object and making those elements
accessible through slots with lispy names. Admittedly, I haven't written a
(nearly) complete API mapping yet, but with my approach, SLIME's
auto-complete function should work. There's also a value<->mnemonic mapping
for API values which should be marshalled as numbers but have nice
constants defined on the receiving (Ruby) side. There's a value<->keyword
mapping on the Common Lisp side.

When I feel sufficiently confident in the library -- such as that I'm able
to do the things I want to do for this migration -- I'll publish the
library in a project on common-lisp.net so everybody can enjoy integration
with their favorate Common Lisp environment.

Regards,

Erik.