Mailing list history repaired and restored

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 02:23:31 UTC 2015

On 4/9/15 2:26 PM, Erik Huelsmann wrote:
> Hi Raymond,
>
> On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:56 PM, Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com
> <mailto:toy.raymond at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     That's fantastic!  But I'm a bit confused.  I see you restored
>     cmucl-imp and friends.  But AFAIK, these were never hosted on
>     c-l.net <http://c-l.net>. If you don't mind leaving them there, I
>     don't mind either. :-)
>

> That's weird, because I only used the data that was available on the
> system and *only* writable to the admins and the mailing list
> software. So, something must have been subscribed to the mailing lists
> and archiving the mailing list traffic.
>
> One more mailing list doesn't bother me. In fact, I like the fact that
> we're now hosting more archives. I think there's value in having
> archives for Common Lisp projects like we have in our mailing list
> archives, because there's a lot to be learned for coders learning the
> language.

Ah, I see that I actually did create cmucl-imp, -help, and -announce
lists. I must have subscribed them to the cmucl.cons.org lists.

Now that I've straightened that out, can you reset the password for
these and the cmucl-cvs list? The only record I have of the passwords no
longer work or I can't remember them at all.

Sorry for the trouble!