[Clo-devel] rsync down

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 14:58:29 UTC 2014

On 10/5/14 2:18 AM, Mark Evenson wrote:
> On 10/5/14 0:41, Raymond Toy wrote:
>> As the subject says, rsync appears to be down.
>>
>> I've been using rsync to do periodic backups of cmucl, so can we get
>> rsync  restored?
>>
> Hmmm.  The 'rsync' binary is still present:
>
>     mevenson at lisp:~$ which rsync
>     /usr/bin/rsync
>
> what do you mean by "rsync" is down?  Did you use  something other than
> "rsync through ssh connection"?

Sorry, I should have been clearer.  I've had a cronjob for years that
basically does:

rsync -av rsync://common-lisp.net/project/cmucl/cvsroot cmucl/cvsroot

When I run this now, I get this error:

rsync: failed to connect to common-lisp.net (144.76.188.67): Connection
refused (61)
rsync: failed to connect to common-lisp.net (2a01:4f8:200:4310::30): No
route to host (65)

I'm guessing that rsyncd is either not running or whatever port rsync
uses is not open.

Ray