[Clo-devel] Issue with the git repositories

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Nov 14 12:20:31 UTC 2014

> On 14 Nov 2014, at 12:41, Mario S. Mommer <mommer at moss-clad.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Luís,
>
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2014 11:30:42 +0000
> Luís Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I try to do a shallow clone from a c-l.net repository I get this
>> error:
>>
>> $ git clone --depth=1
>> git://common-lisp.net/projects/alexandria/alexandria.git Cloning into
>> 'alexandria'... fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>> fatal: early EOF
>> fatal: index-pack failed
>>
>> I tried to google potential causes, to no avail.
>
> Funny, really, because a normal clone works without problems. I'll see
> what I can uncover.
>
>> P.S.: while searching for c-l.net's support contact, I noticed that
>> the URL under the "Maintenance" section at
>> http://common-lisp.net/about/ is dead.
>
> Thanks for reporting.
>
> Regards, and thanks,
>
> 	Mario

Trying to run such a clone locally as user ‘mevenson’ I get:

mevenson at lisp:~$ git clone --depth 1 file:///srv/project/alexandria/alexandria.git
Cloning into 'alexandria'...
fatal: Unable to create temporary file '/srv/project/alexandria/alexandria.git/shallow_fhKCi7': Permission denied
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed

Not entirely sure what user the httpd is doing the operation as, but the rest of the error message matches.

--
"A screaming comes across the sky.  It has happened before but there is nothing
to compare to it now."