[Clo-devel] Trac ticket notifications

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 17:27:37 UTC 2014

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 2:46 AM, Mario S. Mommer <mommer at moss-clad.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What happens is that trac sensd an email on your behalf, but exim
> does not accept it as the sender is not gmail.com. can you try using
> you common-lisp.net address as your address?

​What do you mean "sender is not gmail.com"?  Because it's sending it to me
at gmail.com, exim expects the sender to be from gmail.com but it's really
from common-lisp.net?

Looking at some old cmucl-ticket messages, it looks like the messages were
sent from cmucl-devel at common-lisp.net, with a cc to
cmucl-ticket at common-lisp.net. I have no idea why it was set up this way.

I subscribed my common-lisp.net address to the cmucl-ticket list, and
created a new ticket (113).  I still get the warning from trac (about
toy.raymond). I have not yet received an messages at my c-l.net address. I
did a quick test sending mail to c-l.net from c-l.net. The email does get
forwarded to my gmail.com address.

Another minor issue:

Click on the link for the archives. 404.

Also, I seem to have forgotten the cmucl-ticket list admin password.  Can
you reset it?

Thanks for your help

> On a more general note - should we change this behavior? That is, allow
> localhost to send mail on behalf of other domains?
>
> Regards,
>         Mario
>
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 11:18:55 -0800
> Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This used to work and I don't know when it stopped working, but
> > whenever I create (or modify?) a ticket, I get an message displayed
> > with the ticket:
> >
> > Warning: The ticket has been created, but an error occurred while
> > sending notifications: {u'toy.raymond at gmail.com': (550, 'Verification
> > failed for <cmucl-devel at common-lisp.net>\nUnknown user\nSender verify
> > failed'), u'cmucl-ticket at common-lisp.net': (550, 'Sender verify
> > failed')}
> >
> > Not quite sure what this is trying to tell me,
> >
> > Actually until very recently, as an admin, I used to receive messages
> > to allow messages to be sent to cmucl-ticket at common-lisp.net, even for
> > my own tickets. A bit annoying, but it worked.  Now I get nothing.
> >
> > Hints or help would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > --
> > Ray

Ray