Putting other things back into service (Was: Re: [clo-devel] Putting statistics back into service.)

Jean-Claude Beaudoin jcb.lisp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 04:57:47 UTC 2013

As you can see from the exchange here below my account jcbeaudoin
on common-lisp.net has been made a member of the "admin" group
by Hans Hubner a while ago and that used to allow me to use
sudo to fix a few things here and there.  I just tried it today since
sudoers have been asked to fix what they consider would be
useful to put back into service but has been a casualty of the
recent server migration. My attempt showed that my sudo
access does not work anymore, and I suspect that this is the case
for the rest of the members of the "admin" group.
Basically, when I do sudo it now fails at the personal password
validation step.

Somebody with real root access will need to fix this.
Otherwise I suspect the effective set of sudoers will
have shrunk significantly.

Cheers,

Jean-Claude Beaudoin