Unsatisfied user.

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Sat Apr 27 17:22:01 UTC 2013

On Apr 26, 2013, at 21:20 , Erik Huelsmann <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marco,
>

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
>
> On Apr 26, 2013, at 06:16 , Raymond Toy <toy.raymond at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> >    Drew> Let me know what is required and for which lists, and it will be done.
> >
> > Not sure what's really needed, but something like the old mailman
> > interface would be nice.  At the very list, being able to get a list
> > of subscribers, adding/removing/ subscribers, configuring max message
> > sizes, digests, how to handle moderation, etc.
>
> Yes.  And my question stands.  Is Mailiman still used or not?
>

> Absent any other answers to your question: From other conversations on this list, I gather it's been replaced by mlmmj. Apparently it's no longer an option to have mailman.

Yes, Drew has told me so privately (meanwhile, because of problems with our sysadmins locally, I did miss some threads in the discussion).

In any case.  Personally I don't have a stake in Mailman.  What I care is about the service and the usability of the system.  If mimmm (which I do not know at all - I just hope it is not like SubEtha, with which I ended up having major problems after a few years) has a strict superset of the facilities of Mailman be it.  My experience is that Mailman "just works".  Other mailing list servers, weeeeellllll…..

I just notice that most mailing lists are not working (yet), that's all.  It also appears that they are being fixed one by one on a per-request basis.

Cheers
--
MA