[clo-devel] Anonymous CVS

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 19:34:51 UTC 2012

Hi Hans,

A bit later than tomorrow night, but I've just looked at it and found the
cause: not all projects have "readers" and "passwd" files, which they
should: these files should at least mention the "anonymous" user in order
to allow anonymous access. The project owners can fix this themselves by
checking out the CVSROOT module, adding these two files with this content:

========== begin: readers
anonymous
========== end: readers

========== begin: passwd
anonymous::cvs
========== end: passwd

Then, after adding these files and committing them, the project should be
anonymous-reader-enabled.

Do we know which projects they are and if they have been created after a
certain date? Maybe the scripts have been altered to no longer generate
these files?