[clo-devel] common-lisp.net needs upgrading

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 07:48:56 UTC 2011

Thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:15 AM, Marco Antoniotti <marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

>>    Erik> * Repository browsing
>>    Erik> - Subversion
>>    Erik> - Git
>>    Erik> - Darcs
>>    Erik> - CVS (do we still want to support CVS ??)
>>
>> I think you might want to make CVS available for those projects that
>> are still using it but haven't (yet?) moved to something else.  Cmucl
>> will move off of cvs, but I'm not sure of the timing.  It would be
>> nice to do it after the migration when everything is working, but it
>> might be good to make our big changes before the migration too.
>
> I second that.  I have little time to spare in converting everything to git (or darcs, or whatever).  Just keep CVS and let people live with it.

Let me explain that I wasn't trying to deny anybody his version
control tool or pressure into migration. The main reason I was asking
the question is because of the reputation of cvsd to have lots of
security issues involved with running the daemon.

The question would have been better phrased: do we need the cvsd
pserver daemon (if only for anonymous access). Given your answers,
I'll take that as a "yes".

Thanks again for your responses.