[clo-devel] common-lisp.net needs upgrading

Raymond Toy toy.raymond at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 23:18:25 UTC 2011

    Erik> * Repository browsing
    Erik> - Subversion
    Erik> - Git
    Erik> - Darcs
    Erik> - CVS (do we still want to support CVS ??)

I think you might want to make CVS available for those projects that
are still using it but haven't (yet?) moved to something else.  Cmucl
will move off of cvs, but I'm not sure of the timing.  It would be
nice to do it after the migration when everything is working, but it
might be good to make our big changes before the migration too.

I would also like to have mercurial.  It's currently available now,
but it's just very, very old.

    Erik> * Trac

I'd like integration of trac with git and mercurial.  I think I can do
that myself, but it might need admin help.  Git integration didn't
require admin help.  (I think.)

    Erik> * spam detection
    Erik> * Git deamon

Hg daemon, or whatever web server support is needed.  And the hg web
repo viewer (if not already included above) would be nice.

    Erik> * rsync (what for?)

I use rsync to make backups of cmucl, oct, and f2cl, so I'd still like
rsync to be available.  I know I could clone them but cloning doesn't
capture everything like hooks and trac config and stuff like that, or
any web pages, etc.

(After finding the cvs repo for cmucl was somehow corrupted a few
years ago, I've been making rsync backups every month, just in case.)

    Erik> 1. Do you know of any additional services that we need to
    Erik>    migrate?

Other than the above, I can't think of any.

    Erik> 2. Who wants to help out and which services can you help
    Erik>    migrating with?

I can help test the migration with oct (git) and f2cl (hg) and trac,
I'd offer to help with other stuff, but if they require admin rights,
then I'd rather not do that.

Thank you for bringing this up.

Ray