[clo-devel] Subversion post-commit hook fixed & enhanced

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 21:41:54 UTC 2011

After the migration to new cl.net, Subversion commit mails were
broken. Today, I fixed the issue (all links were pointing to a
subversion location in /usr/local which didn't get ported over).

The links have been changed to all point to
/custom/bin/svn-post-{commit,revprop-change}

Additionally, I've created a 'mailer.py' configuration file in
/custom/conf/svn-mailer.conf which contains all the configuration to
work with current and future repositories as long as they are being
set up in the /project hierarchy.

In the armedbear project, I've long maintained a custom post-commit
hookscript which invoked Trac's post-commit script to close or update
tickets. This functionality has now been built into the default
script, if there is a 'trac' directory residing next to the 'svn'
directory within the project.