[clo-devel] Using Google accounts for Trac access?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:19:28 UTC 2011

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:57 PM, ehuels at gmail.com <ehuels at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>
> Yesterday, I enabled OpenID on the armedbear project. trac now simply
> offers 2 login links: 1 for local account and one for openid. i haven't
> discovered how to associate the two yet.

Reading https://bitbucket.org/Dalius/authopenid-plugin/wiki/Home I conclude
we should be able to provide a mapping service to the OpenID module which
maps openIDs to internal user accounts. My idea would be to allow users to
create an .openid file in their home directories; these files could be
concatenated by the mapping service on every request when the cache is older
than 15 minutes - or something alike.

All we need now is someone to develop the service.