[clo-devel] Using Google accounts for Trac access?

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 08:20:22 UTC 2011

When I saw it's now possible to log in to SourceForge using your Google
Account, I thought it's a nice way to open up our Trac wikis and bug
trackers to a broader public than the current "account holders of
c-l.netonly" policy. From what I can tell, Google offers OAuth/OpenID
user
authentication. As far as I can tell, there's an OpenID plugin available for
Trac 0.11 (our version). Is that good enough for us?

As far as I'm aware, we have that policy to prevent spam bots from logging
in and destroying wiki content.  Would a relaxation be all right?