[clo-devel] Re: darcsweb

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Thu Jul 6 17:13:19 UTC 2006

"Erik Enge" <erik.enge at gmail.com> writes:

> On 7/4/06, Julian Stecklina <der_julian at web.de> wrote:
>> currently the darcs repositories are hardcoded into darcsweb's
>> config. What about mandating a standard location for darcs repos, like
>> /project/*/darcs/* (which can be a symlink), and have a cron-job pick up
>> darcs repositories and update the /usr/lib/cgi-bin/darcsweb/config.py?
>
> I think this is an excellent idea and was waiting for someone to volunteer!  ;-)
>
> If you would like to write the script that runs off of cron to update
> the config.py file I'll update the docs to make it known that
> /project/*/darcs is the place to symlink into.

As config.py must know the URL to the repository, I used
/project/*/public_html/darcs as base for the search. The script is
attached and seems to produce a useful config.py that describes 35
repositories. The repodesc is lost, though, because there is no
automatic way to retrieve it, or is there?

I have no darcsweb to test it and my sh-magic is limited, so be
careful. :)