[clo-devel] slime movie torrent broken

Mario S. Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Thu Nov 17 22:49:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

Brandon Moore <brandonm at yahoo-inc.com> writes:
> The bittorrent file for the slime movie has a tracker URL
> boinkor.net:6969, but boinkor.net now refers to baker.boinkor.net which
> is not running a tracker, rather than walrus.boinkor.net, which is.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it.

> Also, this blog post:
> http://weblog.randomchaos.com/archive/2005/11/12/How_not_to_Provoke_Imitation/
> which is linked from Planet Lisp, links directly to the movie file on
> common-lisp.net, which might add to your bandwidth (or maybe I'm the
> only one to use that link?).

I assume this isn't so terribly popular. Anyway, the movies are served
from a traffic-capped directory, so there is no problem. If the quota
is exceeded, it will simply return a "service temporarily
unavailable".

> You might enjoy making slime.mov a
> directory with an index.html file directing people to the torrent.

A fixed torrent, you mean :-) Yes. I will do that.

Regards, and thanks,

         Mario.