[clo-devel] spam, spam, and less spam - mail miscelanea

Mario Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Mon Nov 29 22:29:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

Since saturday we are running postfix (current; from backports.org)
instead of exim.

The first thing I did after making sure it runs was to add a
greylisting daemon. As far as I can tell from wathcing the logs, that
is all really having an effect in reducing spam.

Finally, I despammed admin. That is, I downloaded the mbox, and
separated the spam from the ham. I don't know how people feel about
it[1] - personally I don't mind. I put the old private and public mbox
archives in a tar file in ~root/attic.

Now, there are lots of mailing lists on cl.net which essentially are
spam traps. How do you feel about weeding the spam out with some
automatic tool like spamasassin? It would probably include a few false
positives....

Regards,
        Mario

---