[clo-devel] Progress in taxonomy

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Mar 13 11:24:43 UTC 2004

Hi,

I finally ended up doing things as you sugested guys sugested. It is
simply the Right Way :-)

Find attached a prototype bit of code that does the taxonomy.  It is
crude, but works. In the file "library.lisp" you will find the
packages defined using a "def-project" form, as in

(def-project
    :label "pg"
    :name "Pg"
    :category "Database"
    :description "A Common Lisp interface to the PostgreSQL database")

After loading the thing with

(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op 'taxonomy)

one generates a html of the taxonomy with

(taxonomy:generate-html-taxonomy "filename.html").

It could (and will) be nicer.

If we let people write this kind of form themselves, and put them in
their project directory (which is desirable.  We could do a lot with
this, like automagically generating acceptable temporary project
pages) we should be careful to make sure that we don't open a security
hole the size of the panama channel.

Ideas?

Perhaps we should ask people to send these forms to us, so that we can
eyeball them.

Regards,
	Mario.