[clo-devel] anonymous cvs update problem

Robert E. Brown bbrown at speakeasy.net
Fri Feb 27 16:41:33 UTC 2004

I checked out the following yesterday:

        movitz
        binary-types
        ia-x86

The second and third projects are required by movitz, but they're not stored
in subdirectories of the movitz CVS root.

Today, I tried cvs updating all three projects.  Movitz worked, but the
other two did not.  Here's the error I got:

   loki [72]  ./update/ia-x86
   password is anonymous
   (Logging in to anonymous at common-lisp.net)
   CVS password:
   /project/ia-x86/cvsroot: no such repository
   cvs login: authorization failed: server common-lisp.net rejected access to
   /project/ia-x86/cvsroot for user anonymous
   /project/ia-x86/cvsroot: no such repository
   cvs update: authorization failed: server common-lisp.net rejected access to
   /project/ia-x86/cvsroot for user anonymous
   cvs update: used empty password; try "cvs login" with a real password

Here's what my local Root and Repository files look like for ia-x86:

   loki [75]  cat ia-x86/CVS/Root
   :pserver:anonymous at common-lisp.net:/project/movitz/cvsroot

   loki [76]  cat ia-x86/CVS/Repository
   ia-x86

Thanks in advance for taking a look at the checkout/update problem and for
setting up common-lisp.net.  It's really a wonderful resource.

                        bob