[clo-devel] clotho anonymous CVS

Robert E. Brown bbrown at speakeasy.net
Tue Feb 17 23:16:16 UTC 2004

I just tried checking out the clotho project with anonymous CVS.  I got the
following:

  loki [173]  cvs -z3 -d$cvs_root co clotho
  cvs server: warning: cannot write to history file
  /project/clotho/cvsroot/CVSROOT/history: Permission denied
  cvs server: Updating clotho
  cvs server: failed to create lock directory for
  `/project/clotho/cvsroot/clotho' (/project/clotho/cvsroot/clotho/#cvs.lock):
  Permission denied
  cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
  `/project/clotho/cvsroot/clotho'
  cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

Yesterday, I had the same problem with the gsharp project.  Perhaps the
procedure for setting up new projects is buggy.

                        bob