[Clo-devel] FTP

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Sep 28 11:43:43 UTC 2003

The FTP hierarchy seems to be having problems:

Directories /var/ftp/pub/project/* are owned by ftp:nogroup, with the
predictable result that projects cannot create new files -- or delete
existing ones in their ftp directories. Oops.

I confess total ignorance when it comes to the administrative issues
behind FTP, so no comment there.

But if this is the sane way to do things, then we should keep the
/project/*/ftp directories separate from the actual ftp-directories,
and rsync them every 5 minutes, or something like that.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus