[lists] Re: [clo-devel] Re: Please upload your public GPG key to common-lisp.net

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Nov 12 11:04:02 UTC 2003

Anthony Ventimiglia <anthony at ventimiglia.org> writes:

> Well the way you worded it made it seem like the UID could not change,
> If we're planning on writing a text for folks who don't really know
> gpg/pgp, we have to keep that in mind.

It was worded poorly (it was actually wrong) and thank you for
clarifying it.

4) You'll need to specify the user id. The user id should represent
   who uses this key. You'll need to provide a name, an email address
   and a coment. You can later add ather user ids if need be.

However, I don't really want that text to be an introduction to gpg,
all I was hoping to accomplish was to give enough info so that
common-lisp.net developers could get a public key and know, a bit,
about what they were doing instead of just providing a list of
commands to run. I don't really think that is a worthy goal, gpg has
excellent documentation in multiple languages and we shauld just point
to that.

As for as generating keys here's the relevant section of the gnu
privacy handbook:

http://www.gnupg.org/gph/en/manual.html#AEN26

--
-Marco