[lists] Re: [clo-devel] Re: Please upload your public GPG key to common-lisp.net

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue Nov 11 20:21:27 UTC 2003

Anthony Ventimiglia <anthony at ventimiglia.org> writes:

>  > 4) You'll need to specify the user id. The user id can not change (it
>  >    is infact encoded in the key) and should represent who (and in what
>  >    role) uses this key. As an example I have two keys, one is for me
>  >    personally and has my name and my regular email address, another
>  >    was created for the purpose of being a common-lisp.net developer,
>  >    and has my name but uses the mbaringer at common-lisp.net email
>  >    address.
>
> That's not right, You can associate multiple ID's with a single key,
> there is no need to generate separate keys for different email
> addresses.

that's not quite what i meant. What i believe is that you should have
one key for each "role" you act, work, personal/family, open source
developer, porn star, etc.

If stuff is signed with my work key that means one thing (mainly that
I take "business" responsibility for what I'm saying), while stuff
i'll sign with the mbaringer at common-lisp.net key is going to be for a
very different public. but hey, that's just the way i see it.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.