[clo-devel] Re: Please upload your public GPG key to common-lisp.net

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Tue Nov 11 13:06:15 UTC 2003

Marco Baringer <mb at bese.it> writes:

> ok, so this "guarntees" that the key belongs to whevere has access to
> that account (which is good), but how do you get people to trust
> common-lisp.net's key? am i missing something simple?

I'm guessing that when you send me your public key to register for a
project and I reply with your password in an encrypted email (signed
with the common-lisp.net key), you import the common-lisp.net key and
sign it and then use it to verify the keyring whenever you need to.
Does that sound like a plan?

We should also publish it's fingerprint on the website.