[climacs-devel] Changing a syntax command table on the fly

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Sat Apr 19 13:20:57 UTC 2008

Nicolas Sceaux <nicolas.sceaux at free.fr> writes:

> My question is: what is the way to change the command table
> associated to a syntax on the fly?

You cannot. I can't fully remember why, but I just don't think it
sounds elegant. Instead, you could just define a method on the
COMMAND-TABLE generic function for your syntax and return a different
command table based on the value of some slot in your syntax. A more
general (and complicated) approach is to define a syntax-command-table
(a hack connecting a CLIM command table to a CLOS class), which is
what I do to enable additional commands in Lisp syntax when running in
Climacs.

--
\  Troels
/\ Henriksen