[climacs-devel] Re: Climacs - self documenting editor?

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Mon May 22 20:02:59 UTC 2006

John Q <splittist at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Troels Henriksen <athas at sigkill.dk> wrote:
>> Is this what you mean?
>
> Exactly, yes (:

Also note that you can click on symbols in Lisp buffers - in fact,
anything presented with the `symbol' presentation type inside Climacs
will be hyperlinked to its definition. Unfortunately, this does not
extend to other applications - what I would like is for everything
presented as a `symbol', in any CLIM application, to be hyperlinked to
its definition in Climacs. However, this would probably require
modification of a global command table - I think (Mc)CLIM has one of
these, but is it considered poor style to do add new commands to it?
And if yes, how should this kind of integration be done? (I would also
like to add global commands for editing properly presented classes,
command names, functions, etc, so it's more interesting than just a
fancy form of Meta-point.)

Of course, these things are more related to CLIM-Desktop than Climacs,
but since we all pretty much agree that Swine should be moved to
Climacs at some point, I think it fits on this list as well.

--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ - Insert witty signature