[climacs-devel] Re: Climacs - self documenting editor?

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 9 17:16:30 UTC 2006

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> The good news is that the changes to climacs (and other application)
> commands can be made incrementally; the changes to ESA are backwards
> compatible.  (The bad news is that all of this is blocked on a problem
> in its interaction with goatee in mcclim itself... If you want to play
> with these patches, add NIL to the call to erase-output-record in the
> method on climi::finalize in mcclim/Goatee/editing-stream.lisp)

I've worked around, I think, the problems in Goatee.  I attach a patch
against ESA implementing

* esa-command-parser and esa-partial-command-parser functions
  ** call accept for the constituent parts (command-name, arguments) on
     the encapsulated stream

* modified stream-accept/accept-1 for the minibuffer, to support above
  ** turn off the input sensitizer for the stream.

These two parts are currently coupled, in that you don't get good
behaviour for the command parser without the modified accept machinery
for the minibuffer.  (And indeed the command parser assumes that it's
running on the minibuffer; I don't know whether that makes sense, or
what one could do to generalize it.)

Oh, the bonus code this time

* make numeric arguments and keyboard macros play nice together.