[climacs-devel] Unicode support in Climacs

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Thu Jan 12 14:55:35 UTC 2006

Robert Strandh <strandh at labri.fr> writes:

> In fact, it would be better if Climacs would systematically test for
> real Unicode characters as opposed to having them entered explicitly.
> The problem is, I am not sure how to test that.  Perhaps everything
> above 127 with only a Shift modifier is such a real Unicode
> character?

How does other programs handle it? One obvious, if rather crude and
non-scaleable, method would be to have a long file containing calls to
`set-key' for each relevant Unicode character. Registering *every*
possible Unicode character as possible input would probably be immense
overkill, especially since there are so many of them. I find it most
important to support the range of characters defined in ISO-8859-1,
since they are the ones most likely to be used.

--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ sigkill.dk/blog (Danish)