[climacs-devel] Making Climacs ASDF-INSTALLable

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Jan 2 18:24:03 UTC 2006

Hello Paolo,

Paolo Amoroso writes:
 > What about making Climacs ASDF-INSTALLable?

Sure.

 > In the case of Climacs, step #1 would involve making available a
 > tarball with the latest CVS snapshot at a fixed location.

That seems fairly straightforward.

 > Also, ASDF-INSTALL requires that all .asd files be in the toplevel
 > directory of the source tree.  It would be necessary to move
 > cl-automaton/automaton.asd up one level, or add the `automaton' system
 > definition to climacs.asd (I can provide such changes if there is
 > interest).

I'll let Alex decide what is more appropriate.  cl-automaton is large
enough that it might merit its own system and cl.net project.

 > More importantly, it would also be necessary to make Flexichain
 > ASDF-INSTALLABLE.  Flexichain already has the required .asd file at
 > the proper place.  But the library is currently a Gsharp CVS module
 > and it would be necessary--and useful in itself--to distribute it
 > independently, and provide a tarball at a web site.  The CLiki page is
 > already in place.

Yes, I am now convinced that Flexichain should have its own cl.net
project.  It is even better if it is asdf-installable as well.  If
anyone creates such a project, I would like to have commit privileges
as well.
--
Robert Strandh