[climacs-devel] Should we move SWINE into Climacs?

Troels Henriksen athas at sigkill.dk
Sat Feb 25 10:01:28 UTC 2006

As most of you probably know, CLIM-desktop ships with an extension to
Climacs called SWINE. SWINE adds SWANK-based SLIME-like functionality
to Climacs' Lisp Syntax-mode, and is thus pretty much necessary for
doing Lisp development in Climacs. Thus, I believe that SWINE
logically belongs in Climacs itself.

Of course, moving SWINE to Climacs will bring Swank in as a
dependency, but this will probably not be a huge problem, due to
Swanks ubiquity, and the fact that it should be possible to
conditionally load Swine only if Swank is available.

What are your thoughts on this matter?
--
\  Troels "Athas" Henriksen
/\ sigkill.dk/blog (Danish)