[climacs-devel] Climacs - self documenting editor?

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 10:22:13 UTC 2006

Christophe Rhodes <csr21 at cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Does anyone know of any other reason that [argumentless commands
> calling accept] was done?

Shortly after writing this, I found another reason, or at least a
consequence: the ability simply to set key sequences to command names,
and have the toplevel pretend to do the right thing.  My changes will
require settings of the form
  (esa:set-key `(com-find-file ,*unsupplied-argument-marker*)
               'buffer-table
               '((#\x :control) (#\f :control)))
for commands with arguments, rather than simply
  (esa:set-key 'com-find-file 'buffer-table '((#\x :control) (#\f :control)))
can people live with that?

Cheers,

Christophe