[climacs-devel] A few questions about Climacs

Brad Beveridge brad.beveridge at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 05:41:19 UTC 2005

Hi all, I have a few questions about Climacs, some that might be a
little heretical ;)
Firstly, from what I have read Climacs sounds like an interesting
project - well done!
So now the heretical part :)
I like Vim (ssshh) rather than Emacs.  I imagine that it shouldn't be
too hard to add an input system that is Vim like - can I please get a
few tips on where to start looking to make these changes?

The reason that I would like to make a Vim like editor in Lisp is that
I think it would be nice for Vim lovers to have an editor that is
closely integrated with Lisp, preferably able to integrate with
Slime/Swank so that the final editor is a nice IDE.
Is Slime integration an eventual goal of Climacs?

Finally, how usable is Climacs as an editor right now?

Thanks
Brad