[climacs-devel] Bugs reporting :)

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Fri May 27 07:19:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

[ I took this text from Christophe's replay because I was unable to
  decode the original message ]

 Ignas Mikalajunas <ignas.mikalajunas at gmail.com> writes:

 > Hi, i like the idea of Common lisp emacs like editor, and i would like
 > to test it, but it seemsso unuseable to me that i just can't even test
 > it :(, the bugs i have managed to encounter in like 3 minutes of using
 > climacs were:

Christophe already pretty much said what I wanted to say, but let me
just add a few notes.

At the moment, I strongly discourage people who would only be
potential USERS of Climacs to even try it out.  The only reason it is
publicly available is so that potential DEVELOPERS can try it out,
give feedback with respect to architecture issues, add new
functionality, and generally improve things.

Personally, I am way to busy with fundamental issues such as parser
efficiency and the architecture of the incremental parser to have time
to fix bugs like these.

The project has only existed for 5 months.  I think it is tough to
expect a few part-time (a few hours a week at most) volunteers to
create a fully-functional Emacs clone in Common Lisp in that amount of
time.  I suggest you check back in say a year or so.

Thanks anyway for the bug report.
--
Robert Strandh