[climacs-devel] Re: DEFINE-SYNTAX

John Q Splittist splittist at yahoo.com
Thu May 19 11:00:29 UTC 2005

This makes sense to me.

I've been wondering about the best way to deal with buffer attributes,
in particular from parsing a

-*- attr:value; -*-

line. Obviously this could include a Syntax:Common-lisp; entry as
another (as in, an additional) way of solving the auto-syntax issue. My
initial thought was just adding a slot to the buffer object with an
alist and a bunch of relevant getters and setters. But I'm not sure
that's sufficiently Common Lispy.

Christophe Rhodes wrote:
[on 'Basic' mode]
> +;;; FIXME: this is a really bad name.  It's even worse if it's
> +;;; case-insensitive.  Emacs' "Fundamental" isn't too bad.

I agree with this, too: 'Fundamental' seems better than 'Basic'.

JQS