[climacs-devel] DEFINE-SYNTAX

Christophe Rhodes csr21 at cam.ac.uk
Thu May 19 08:18:53 UTC 2005

Hi,

Is anyone (apart from me) maintaining an out-of-tree syntax?  I would
like to change DEFINE-SYTNAX's syntax to support adding something like
emacs' auto-mode-alist.  I don't really mind what it ends up looking
like, but I do need the functionality; on the other hand, if I can
avoid breaking someone else's application, so much the better.
Comments welcome.

Old:
  (define-syntax tabcode-syntax ("Tabcode" (basic-syntax))
    ((player :initarg :player :initform nil)))

Possible New:
(define-syntax tabcode-syntax (:name "Tabcode" :pathname-type "tc")
    (basic-syntax)
  ((player :initarg :player :initform nil)))

(define-syntax (tabcode-syntax :name "Tabcode" :pathname-type "tc")
    (basic-syntax)
  ((player :initarg :player :initform nil)))

(define-syntax tabcode-syntax (basic-syntax)
  ((player :initarg :player :initform nil))
  (:name "Tabcode")
  (:pathname-type "tc"))