[climacs-devel] Extra open-paren on parse stack in Common-lisp syntax

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Sun May 8 12:52:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've been tracking down a problem visible in the Common-lisp syntax. To
replicate this problem, put an empty buffer into the syntax, and type ()
- you should see the parens jump to the right one column. Actually,
there's an extra open-paren being presented; I'm not sure why it doesn't
  show on screen, but it is taking up that leftmost column. The reason
for this is that there's an extra open-paren on the parse stack at that
point, as evidenced by the debug statement I put in display-parse-stack
in cl-syntax.lisp:

This parse stack's trees are (#<CLIMACS-CL-SYNTAX::PAREN-OPEN "(">
#<CLIMACS-CL-SYNTAX::NONEMPTY-CL-TERMINALS {1004517E11}>).

That nonempty-cl-terminals actually has the list-expr in it.

So far I've been unable to figure out why this extra tree is on the
parse stack. Does anybody have a good idea here?
--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net