[climacs-devel] Point - buffer or pane? (plus syntax resetting)

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 22:40:53 UTC 2005

> Presumably the right thing to do is have one point (and mark, and
> perhaps other things - isearch, query-replace?) per buffer per pane. On
> a com-split-window the new pane could be given some kind of proxy
> climacs-buffer pointing to the original, but with its own state.

I looked at the archive: the discussions I had mentioned were on overwrite-mode
and goal-column. I'd suggest that you take a look at climacs-buffer and
delegating-buffer classes, and see if you can create a proxy climacs-buffer by
reusing the implementation slot. Also, try to "close over" the things that
should be moved from climacs-pane to climacs-buffer (the things you mention in
parentheses).

Alex