[climacs-devel] New to the list

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Tue Mar 8 05:24:58 UTC 2005

Hello,

Sorry, your mail got lost in a large pile of unprocessed ones.

David Christiansen writes:
 > Greetings all,
 > I've been following the Climacs project for about a month now through
 > the Web site and I'm interested in helping out.

Great!

 > My Lisp skills are
 > still somewhat limited at this point, but I'd love to contribute
 > documentation and test code contributed by others on my Mac.  Does
 > anyone have any pointers as to what I should get started with?

Hard to say.  The only documentation we have at the moment is the
internals documentation, and it might be premature to start a user
manual, especially since it resembles Emacs so much.

One thing you could do, if you are interested in that kind of stuff,
is to go through the chapters on the buffer protocols, and the syntax
protocol and make sure all the appropriate Texinfo markup is in
there, like @samp, @code, etc, and that there are cross references.

 > Which
 > sections of the code are relatively fixed, and which are still
 > sufficiently in flux that I should avoid them for now?

In the internals documentation, what has to do with the buffer
protocols and the syntax protocols is pretty much up to date, because
these protocols are themselves quite stable.

Anything that has to do with specific syntax modules, Earley parsing
etc, is in flux.

Take care,
--
Robert Strandh