[climacs-devel] adding forward- and backward object to the buffer protocol

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 29 10:00:09 UTC 2005

> Any objections?

I suppose the API would stay the same, you only want to replace (incf (offset
mark)) with something more efficient. I do not see what would be bad about
that, i.e., I do not have objections.

BTW, I added a comment to base.lisp, in connection with do-buffer-region and
(setf buffer-object). It seems to me that the reasoning is very similar here.

Dare you use, say, obinseq instead of the 2-3-tree (unless you have already
written it), for the buffer of flexichain-based lines?

Alex