[climacs-devel] climacs-based application

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Thu Jan 27 04:48:16 UTC 2005

Christophe Rhodes writes:
 > [ I will subscribe soon -- sorry about requiring another moderation ]

It's OK.  I added you to the accept filter.

 > > LOW-MARK is at the end of the buffer and HIGH-MARK at the beginning.
 >
 > Thanks.  (Is this in a document somewhere?  I'm afraid I couldn't get
 > the climacs-internals texi to build, probably because I hadn't chased
 > down enough dependencies for fig2whatever)

Sorry about the dependencies.  Yes, it is in the buffer modification
protocol.

 > > Sure, do what I do, give it a cache-value of (cons nil nil).
 >
 > ... oh, yes, you can request a different (unobtainable!) cache value.
 > Devious.

N'est-ce pas?

 > (Relatedly...) I knew there was something else I wanted to ask, but I
 > forgot about it.  I couldn't see if or how the display of the buffer
 > contents in the textual-view (that is, in normal climacs operation)
 > was to be extended -- for instance for fontifying syntactic markers.
 > It would be nice if I could fontify syntactically incorrect or
 > incomplete tabwords, for instance -- my parser is propagating that
 > information to the syntax, in the form of distinct END and AFTER marks
 > -- but I couldn't see any neat way of hooking into the display code.
 > Am I simply the first to need this?  (I seem to recall in the mists of
 > time there being a texinfo mode, but maybe that got zapped somewhere
 > along the line?)

I removed the Texinfo mode, because it was a bit too trivial.  The
idea is that the display module will query the syntax module to know
that there is an incorrect item at a particular place.  The display
module will then use whatever method it wants to display such errors.

--
Robert Strandh