[climacs-devel] left-sticky-mark, etc.

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 21:59:26 UTC 2005

Because of the following method (and the right counterpart) in buffer.lisp:

(defmethod initialize-instance :after ((mark left-sticky-mark) &rest args &key
(offset 0))
  "Associates a created mark with the buffer it was created for."
  (declare (ignore args))
  (assert (<= 0 offset (size (buffer mark))) ()
          (make-condition 'no-such-offset :offset offset))
  (setf (slot-value mark 'cursor)
        (make-instance 'left-sticky-flexicursor
           :chain (slot-value (buffer mark) 'contents)
           :position offset)))

I had to define a new left-sticky-mark class because I did not use
left-sticky-flexicursor. Then very recently, I extended open-line to work on
left-sticky-mark and right-sticky-mark arguments, but it does not work on my
new classes. I tried replacing left-sticky-mark with standard-left-sticky-mark
above, and I did not see any problems. If these two :after methods were
specialized on standard marks, I would not need extra classes and things would
be simpler. Am I missing something?

Alex