[climacs-devel] overwrite mode

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 12:28:20 UTC 2005

> I would put it in base.lisp and make it a combination of (setf
> buffer-object) and forward-mark.

I suppose you meant that the point should be moved one place to the right. How
would (setf buffer-object) relate to undo, for example? (Have you intentionally
omitted this from the buffer protocol for some reason?) Should there also be a
primitive for overwriting a sequence? I don't think I ever used something like
that, though, but one might want to yank a sequence in the overwrite mode.

Alex