[climacs-devel] two buffer/mark proposals

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 24 08:00:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

What do you think about the following?

1. Instead of climacs-buffer directly inheriting standard-buffer, make it
inherit buffer and add a slot that will contain a buffer passed at
initialization time (standard-buffer by default). Also add all methods from the
buffer protocol to climacs-buffer that just delegate to the passed buffer. This
might be a bit slower (but  not much, I believe) and would not require changes
at climacs-buffer use places. A consequence: buffer implementations can easily
be specified at run time.

2. Extend the clone-mark gf with a keyword :stick-to: when one wants to clone a
mark but make sure it is left- or right-sticky (there were a few cases where I
needed this but got around it). This could also help at places similar to those
in pane.lisp creating mark instances that I marked with "PB".

Thanks,
Alex