[climacs-devel] delete-indentation

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Mon Feb 7 05:17:17 UTC 2005

Hello,

Aleksandar Bakic writes:

 > What exactly is delete-indentation supposed to do? Could indent-line call
 > delete-indentation instead of deleting spaces and tabs by itself?

I think so yes.  But it still has to check that it is not the first
line.

 > If delete-indentation should just delete indentation of the line pointed to by
 > mark (even though the code seems to do something different), I have these
 > questions:
 >
 >   Should delete-indentation not clone its mark argument?

Emacs does not.  Whether or not Climacs should is debatable.  I have
no personal preference.

 >   Why does it not do anything when operating on the first line (when
 > beginning-of-line causes the first call to beginning-of-buffer-p to return
 > true)?

Probably because that's what Emacs does.

 >   Why does it call (delete-range mark -1) when it starts with calling
 > beginning-of-line?

Because the definition of the function is to join the line with the
previous one.  Check out Emacs.

--
Robert Strandh