[climacs-devel] fill-line questions

Aleksandar Bakic a_bakic at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 00:35:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

Should fill-line remove trailing spaces when wrapping a line? Or should this
depend on the syntax, similar to how indentation is handled by calling
syntax-line-indentation function parameter?

fill-line seems to have been designed to support the auto-fill-mode, i.e., it
wraps a line when point reaches fill-column. If we want to make it usable from
code, perhaps it should not stop when it reaches its mark parameter, but work
until the end of line (pointed to by the mark parameter). Do you agree or think
that there should be another function(s) for off-line reformatting lines
(paragraphs, blocks of code, etc.)?

Alex