[climacs-devel] another gardener project

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Tue Dec 20 18:10:49 UTC 2005

Here is another:

   Climacs is one of several CLIM applications (Closure, Clouseau,
   Beirc, etc) that should eventually be mutually callable.  In order
   to make that happen, we need to settle on a collection of
   signatures that we can document as the interface for each
   application.

   Tentatively, each application should have a package that
   corresponds to the name of the application and which contains the
   entry points to it.  Also tentatively, where reasonable, there
   should be an entry point that also has this name, and that has
   zero required arguments and a bunch of keyword arguments.  For
   Climacs, this means that we have to define a new package called
   `climacs' in which we define the existing `climacs' main entry
   point.

   Also, for Climacs to be usable from other applications, we would
   like a few more entry points.  First, we need a `climacs:edit-file'
   entry point that takes a file name and some of the same keyword
   arguments as the main entry point.  Next, we would like an entry
   point `climacs-edit-sequence'  that takes a Common Lisp sequence of
   objects, and returns an edited sequence (probably of the same type
   as the one that was passed as an argument).  Other, less urgent,
   entry points might be useful, such as one for editing a Lisp
   function (by pretty-printing the code to a buffer?), etc.

--
Robert Strandh