[climacs-devel] Lisp Gardeners to help Climacs

Robert Strandh strandh at labri.fr
Tue Dec 20 17:17:43 UTC 2005

Hello,

There seems to be a lot of interest in Peter Seibel's "Lisp Gardener"
project, which is a good thing if it works out as planned.

It would be interesting for us to take advantage of this momentum to
get some help with Climacs development.  Before sending a message to
the gardener's mailing list, I think it would be appropriate to make a
list of at least half a dozen or so projects that would be suitable
for a gardener, and perhaps to try to estimate the amount of work for
each project.

To establish such a list, I suggest we exchange some emails here with
suggestions of projects of various degrees of difficulty, and then
decide which ones to retain as gardener projects.

I have already suggested to Peter (in the #lisp IRC channel) that I
would be willing to act as a mentor for a small number of gardeners.
I am betting that my teaching experience will come in handy here, and
I think this would be a good way to train future contributors to
Climacs and other projects.

--
Robert Strandh