[climacs-devel] Re: M-C-Backspace and other commands

John Q Splittist splittist at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 15:39:03 UTC 2005

Andreas Fuchs wrote:

>>Added com-backward-kill-expression (M-C-Backspace),
>
> Eek. Control-Alt-Backspace is a default key combination in XFree86 and
> Xorg used to kill an X server. Could this be bound to another gesture?

Certainly. Hopefully this will act as a spur to those working on the new
keybinding/command-table infrastructure. (Not that I'm suggesting they
need a spur, or that they are in any way remiss in what they have done
and are doing.)

This is probably as good a place to mention that the whole
expression-navigation thing is still slightly funky, having trouble at
the moment (2005-08-14 16:38 BST) with handling things when the cursor
is in the middle of a non-list compound forms (such as #'function, #P
"Pathname", 'quote etc. Just so you know I know, and I'm working on it (: .

Suggestions for other useful list/expression-hacking commands gratefully
recieved, even if not immediately implemented...

JQS